Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Kansas is just like sand in your toes

I love that Brenda brings back sand to put in Vicki's shoes. For some reason, it made me think of Mom's attachment to Kansas. I wonder if I had ever brought back a little Kansas dirt for Mom's shoes if that would have helped.

As for things I fear:

1. That something will happen to Jonathan. He travels a lot, and a lot of his work happens on bridges. I always fear someone will hit him. He wears bright orange T-shirts for a reason. I don't know what I would do without him. We've been together going on 10 years. We've shaped each other in the best way possible.

2. That something would happen to any one of my brothers and sisters. I've lived through it once, but I don't know if I could do it again, especially considering that all of them have kids.

3. Losing my hearing. One of my greatest joys is talking to people, listening to music, and hearing rain. Before my last ear surgery, I was scared to death that I wouldn't come out hearing. I was already one ear down.

4. Being in a bad accident. I didn't drive until college because I was so afraid to drive.

5. That a spider will bite me. Laugh all you want. I HATE spiders.

I can't no point of view of parenting. Give me a couple years and then ask me.

No comments: