Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Things That Don't Matter

Blog Entry Made by: Kate

Book Name: Barefoot
Author: Elin Hilderbrand
Chapter: Not quite sure but a very early one!

So I finally started reading our first "virtual book club" book and the first thing that jumped out at me was that in the book one of the characters is diagnosed with cancer. Since the diagnosis was made she has started a mental list of "Things that don't matter anymore". So I started thinking, if something terrible happened to me what would end up on my "Things that don't matter anymore" list. So maybe everyone else can add what would be on their lists!

My initial list of things that I currently care about that wouldn't matter anymore would be:
- Climbing the Career Ladder
- My Weight
- Acquaintances (and being nice to people that I don't like)
Hmmm that is a short list but it is all I can think of right now - I'll continue to add more as I think of them.

1 comment:

Chance said...

Great start! I'm already enjoying the book and I'm only on page 18. A trip to Nantucket would be nice...huh? I want to wear a straw hat and feel the sand between my toes.